Old July 10th 04, 12:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Liney Dave Liney is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

"Stuart" wrote in message
Tom Anderson wrote:

Why couldn't a double-decker bendy have three doors, like a

single-decker?

3 sets of doors on a double decker would leave very little space for
downstairs seating

Although the idea of a double-decker bendy is a non-starter for reasons
others have gone into in this thread there is no reason why a non-bendy
double-decker couldn't have three sets of doors. The only seating required
downstairs would be for the less able-bodied who couldn't climb the stairs.
For the rest of us we could go upstairs if we were going far on the route
and wanted to sit down, or we could stay downstairs and stand if we were
only going a short distance.

Dave.