Old July 11th 04, 10:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John Rowland John Rowland is offline

Default Non-topological map of London rail routes

"James Farrar" wrote in message
Michael Hoffman wrote:

http://www.kordy.dircon.co.uk/misc/lul.gif

why are there so many DLR stations at
Canary Wharf so close together?

I believe that when the DLR was built,
several of the stations were on
islands and inaccessible from each other on foot.

That's not a reason to build three stations, it's a reason to build the DLR
bridge a little wider and put a walkway(s) along it.

I think the multiple stations are to prevent extended dwell time at Canary
Wharf from destroying the capacity of the entire network, but I've never
seen this confirmed.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped