Old July 12th 04, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

Annabel Smyth wrote:
On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 at 05:01:58, Alistair McIndoe
wrote:

And then you've got the double-decker trains that go under bits of
Paris. RTAP or RER or whatever. Why does most of the Paris metro
smell like a sewer? London's tubes don't whiff like that. I know
Paris is marginally closer to the equator (and marginally further
away from the Arctic), but is a climate difference to blame?
Maybe a diet of snails, horsemeat and frogs' legs leads to more
frequent methane emissions.

It's certainly a distinctive smell!

The distinctive smell that I've experienced on the Paris Métro is from
the rubber-tyred trains, the smell of which can drift through to other
lines at interchange stations.
--
Richard J.