Old July 12th 04, 07:48 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Nigel Nigel is offline

Default Changing railstation names

"Al" wrote in message
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC ground,

it
occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail stations. I
humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be okay?
--
Al

They should drop the "railway station" bit.... it's a bit misleading,
people might thing they can catch a trian there