Old July 12th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Changing railstation names

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004, Paul wrote:

Al wrote:

Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant rail
stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.

You see, on the face of it, sounds like madness, but ...

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"

The most easterly of the three stations. And it's not on Plimsoll Road.

"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

being the most westerly of the three stations.

Is it your intention that no one finds the new stadium?

Ahaaaaa! Makes sense now. LIKE YER SHTYLE, AL!

tom

--
Georgia New York Los Angeles Vegas Washington Utah