Old July 13th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dr Ivan D. Reid Dr Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Decks vs hinges

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 05:01:58 GMT,
Alistair McIndoe
wrote in :
"Steve Dulieu" wrote in message

"Dr Ivan D. Reid" wrote in message

Certainly double-decker trains in Switzerland. From the entry
doors you descend several steps to the lower deck or climb stairs to the
upper. Many of the S-Bahn trains around Zurich are so equipped.

I've certainly been on several RB/RE double decker trains in and around
München in Germany...

And then you've got the double-decker trains that go under bits of Paris.
RTAP or RER or whatever. Why does most of the Paris metro smell like a
sewer?

Ah, I've moved to Paris have I? There's an expensive smell of
Eau de Must-Get-a-Plumber-In starting near my pipework. :-(

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN