Old July 13th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
bertie bertie is offline

Default Changing railstation names

I would imagine so. Competion is no bad thing.As an afterthought,I wonder
if there are any London based clubs that are still in the same ground as
they were when they first formed.I know that Millwall FC were started by a
group of Scottish mill workers in the
Westferry road area of Poplar,East London.(according to the murals on the
walls of the old Cold Blow lane ground) .I doubt that they were saved, or
does anyone know differently? and if so,where are they now?. Incidentally, I
am a Charlton FC supporter, have been since I was born in 1933,mum and dad
took me to the games as a babe in arms when it was the old Valley,a
wonderful natural ground.Pip pip all.

"Ancient One" wrote in message

"bertie" wrote in message
What about the original Woolwich Arsenal station, it's still there , not
like the football team that moved North of the river.Really a sarf

London
team guv,he sed.Not forgetting the Royal Ordnance factory where it all
started many moons ago in Plumstead.SE 18. Just food for thought.Pip pip
all.

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
Nigel wrote:
"Al" wrote in message
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant
rail stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.

"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".

If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the

LB
Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be

okay?
--
Al

They should drop the "railway station" bit.... it's a bit

misleading,
people might thing they can catch a trian there

What else does one catch apart from a train (excluding anything

unpleasent
such as diseases etc)?

I was about to point that out myself, seeing as I was with the art. before
joining the RMA.

Now if they were still there today, would there have been a Charlton?

AO
Millwall supporter