Old July 14th 04, 12:12 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Ancient One Ancient One is offline

Default Changing railstation names

My dad was signalman at Charlton Lane and at Charlton station for many a
year from 1965 onwards to around 1975.

He's one as is my bro who went out on the beer with Jim Davidson wholly
because at the filming of Big Break in Bournemouth where he lives, Jim
shouts out "any charlton supporters in here?" and instead of the usual
resulting silence, my bro answered and got a night out with Jimbo.

Worse still, like Rodney Trotter in OFAH, my dad gave me the "middle" name,
that caused me no end of grief when getting the season ticket at the Den....

AO