Old July 14th 04, 10:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london
LarryLard LarryLard is offline

Default Tackling the problems of London's transport system

(DJ2) wrote in message . com...
There's an excellent but very long article on Wolmar's site at
http://christianwolmar.co.uk/article...july2,04.shtml

Not that long

Also found the New Statesman supplement interesting, it's sponsored by
TfL apparentely and I downloaded a PDF of it from the New Statesman
site.

http://www.newstatesman.co.uk/pdf/transportsupp2004.pdf but I don't
know if that is a permanent link. Now that IS long

quote
The simple truth is that if we want more infrastructure and
better maintenance, it will have to be financed by some form
of taxation, local or national.
/quote

--
Larry Lard