Old July 14th 04, 01:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default Platform Tickets

"Edward Cowling" wrote the following
in:

"David Walters" wrote in message

Yes, you would have ended up with an unresolved journey. Oyster
can't deal with entering a station and then leaving that same
station wihtout going anywhere. The station staff can't even
cancel the soon to be unresolved journey until 2 hours after you
touched in.

The more I hear about Oyster, the more I hope they
keep weekly tickets going. At least three times in
the last 5 years I can remember having to come
back out of Bounds Green Station after entering.
Of course the good old weekly ticket doesn't mind
where you go.

You have misunderstood, because an oyster card will allow you to enter
and exit at the same station without charging you or creating any
problems, provided the station was within the zones covered by the
travelcard on it.

Plus I still seem to see crowds of annoyed people
thumping their wallets against the top of the barrier
and getting nowhere.

I've never seen anything like that! I have occasionally seen confused
people trying to use paper tickets on the oyster readers, which
obviously doesn't work.

Anyone anything good to say about Oyster ?

Yes, I find it extremely convenient. It's easier to get through with
one hand holding something (just put your ticket holder on the yellow
circle, no need to fiddle about taking a ticket out and putting it back
in) and prepay has been very good for times when I've needed to travel
outside the zones on my ticket.

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html