Old July 14th 04, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Colum Mylod Colum Mylod is offline

Default Platform Tickets

On 14 Jul 2004 13:00:44 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

You have misunderstood, because an oyster card will allow you to enter
and exit at the same station without charging you or creating any
problems, provided the station was within the zones covered by the
travelcard on it.

I heart my oyster but I think that's not exactly true. One Fri
lunchtime I breezed in at Chancery Lane only to encounter a "westbound
not running" sign at the escalator; no info before that point and I
was one of many who entered, read and did a u-turn. We all had to
queue up at the manual gate for release since the O reader shone red
lights at us and urged us to Seek Assistance.

Similar sad tale at Hol Pk where the station staff explicitly told O
holders to tread their weary way to the tix counter for cancellation.
All of this on monthly tix.

Shirley (SCMS) the big O could allow immediate exit after entering?

--
New ant-spam address cmylod at despammed dot com