Old July 14th 04, 05:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Helen Deborah Vecht Helen Deborah Vecht is offline

Default Platform Tickets

Colum Mylod typed

I heart my oyster but I think that's not exactly true. One Fri
lunchtime I breezed in at Chancery Lane only to encounter a "westbound
not running" sign at the escalator; no info before that point and I
was one of many who entered, read and did a u-turn. We all had to
queue up at the manual gate for release since the O reader shone red
lights at us and urged us to Seek Assistance.

I had a very similar experience when I touched my Oyster (PrePay) in at
Burnt Oak to meet a chap writing on the whiteboard on the other side of
the gateline. He was writing that there were no Northern Line services
north of Colindale, so I did a U-Turn and touched out my Oyster, the
barrier then told me to Seek Assistance. It took the chap a while to
sort out my card; I think he had to add £1 to its balance to do this ;-)

Similar sad tale at Hol Pk where the station staff explicitly told O
holders to tread their weary way to the tix counter for cancellation.
All of this on monthly tix.

Shirley (SCMS) the big O could allow immediate exit after entering?

So you'd think.
I'm glad I waited and bought a paper platform ticket yesterday...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.