Old July 26th 03, 01:43 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Andrew Andrew is offline

Default East London Extension now has its own website

"The Only Living Boy in New Cross" wrote in
message om...
It'd be a shame if they had to close Wapping or Rotherhithe because
they can't be expanded in line with current safety rules. I wonder if
it'd be possible to carve out a new station UNDER the Thames, called
"Wapping & Rotherhithe" which you could enter & exit on both sides of
the river? Or, failing that, it'd be pretty easy to extend the Canada
Water platforms to take in the Rotherhithe ones, as they're so close;
that'd solve the problem of Canada Water not being able to take longer
trains.

Patrick

Likewise, Shadwell could maybe be extended south and have an additional exit
on The Highway, to give access to Wapping, if Wapping station has to close.
I agree that it would be a shame though, Wapping station had a unique smell
!

Andrew.