Old July 14th 04, 10:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Changing railstation names

David Splett wrote:
"Al" wrote in message
Having wandered about Ashburton Grove, site of the new Arsenal FC
ground, it occured to me that there are three roughly equidistant
rail stations. I humbly suggest changing their names.
"Arsenal" on Plimsoll Road (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal West"
"Drayton Park" could become "Arsenal Central" and
"Holloway Road" (Piccadilly) could become "Arsenal East".
If this can be arranged, I'd further like to suggest changing the
LB Islington's name to "London Borough of Arsenal". Would that be
okay?

Why do we have to have any stations named after Arsenal? Some of
us don't care in the slightest about football.

Because it's better known than Gillespie Road.

Do you feel the same way about cricket? If so, what alternative but
distinctive name would you therefore propose for Oval?

[Crossposting trimmed]
--
Richard J.