Old July 15th 04, 09:28 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Changing railstation names

Piccadilly Pilot wrote:

John of Aix wrote:
"David Splett" a écrit dans le message de news:

Why do we have to have any stations named after Arsenal? Some of us
don't care in the slightest about football.

You're some sort of bleedin' alien ain't ya?

There are a great many people to whom football is of no interest at all.
In fact there are some people who positively detest it. Still others think
it is a pastime for those of low intellect sine it requires no
intelligence to follow. Your team scores, you shout "Hooray" (or
whatever). The opposing team scores you shout "Boo" (or whatever).

However, each to his own, If that is how some people choose to spend their
time then good for them. Just don't inflict it on me.

A lack of interest in football is a clear sign that someone is so lacking
the basic social skills that they simply cannot comprehend the value of
knowing about someone else's interest. Made worse when that someone else is
practically the entire world. Why, even the Yanks love our football, and
with Brandi Chastain getting her kit off, who can blame them?

Anyway, knowing about football is like the tubs of KY ladies carry around
perchance they meet John Rowland -- vital lubricant for intercourse. No
lubricant, no intercourse, you graceless fiends!
--
Al