Old July 15th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Niklas Karlsson Niklas Karlsson is offline

Default Changing railstation names

In article , Al wrote:

A lack of interest in football is a clear sign that someone is so lacking
the basic social skills that they simply cannot comprehend the value of
knowing about someone else's interest. Made worse when that someone else is
practically the entire world. Why, even the Yanks love our football, and
with Brandi Chastain getting her kit off, who can blame them?

Anyway, knowing about football is like the tubs of KY ladies carry around
perchance they meet John Rowland -- vital lubricant for intercourse. No
lubricant, no intercourse, you graceless fiends!

Oh, many of us are perfectly capable of comprehending the value of
knowing about someone else's interest. We might simply not be interested
in incessantly flapping our jaws at each and every person for the sole
purpose of chasing the (often rather pleasant) silence away - preferring
instead to concentrate on talking about our actual interests, with those
who share them.

If this implies a lack of social skills to you, then fine. You're
entitled to your opinion. The rest of us will happily continue leading
our lives the way we like.

Niklas
London, UK
--
Why is 'sesquipedalian' such a sesquipedalian word?