Old July 15th 04, 12:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jeremy Parker Jeremy Parker is offline

Default Maps of London on the internet

"John Rowland" wrote in
message ...
Hi all,

Does anyone suspect which of the various street maps of *Greater*

London
which can be found on the internet is the newest? (I would include

the TfL
journey planner as one candidate, because if one asks for a walking

route
between two points close together, one gets a very detailed map.)

--

The cycling maps of London, on the internet at
www.londoncyclenetwork.org.uk have the Geographers A-Z map as the

They do have all of Greater London, but since it's an A-Z you don't
see a very big area at any one time.

Actually, I'm not sure it's even the best journey planner for
cycling, since its love of sending you down the London Cycle Network
verges on the demented. The TfL Journey Planner chooses better
routes, and seems to know about bike only short cuts, although it is
a bit inconsistent in its knowledge of one way streets. I'm not sure
it would be an acceptable excuse to the police "Well TfL told me to
come this way."

Jeremy Parker