Old July 15th 04, 02:35 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Niklas Karlsson Niklas Karlsson is offline

Default Changing railstation names

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

*yawn*

If that's your idea of conversation, then good riddance to said "art".

Not conversation but a jest at your gormlessness. Unsuprisingly, you
couldn't tell.

I was referring not to your response above, which was abundantly clear
in meaning, but to your earlier description and its implications. I
admit my phrasing was not the clearest.

Your phrasing was clear! Just not the snipping.

You are, of course, correct.

Talking of which, I understand hardressers give free haircuts to those
blokes getting married, and that newlyweds are given tours of airplane
cockpits. I wonder if it'd work with LUL?

That could be amusing. I wonder if it'd ever be possible to get it past
the HSE, though. :-)

All the best, sir, and enjoy your jaw-flapping.

I shall. Enjoy your identikit friends, their identikit views and I trust
you are no more detained by people impudently different than your good
self.

I shall, although I have no objections to such "detainment", nor to
people different than myself.

Did you not recently say that you preferred the company of those with whom
you share interests? IWSTM that you therefore prefer /not/ to have the
company of those who don't.

Yes, or rather I said I preferred not to have idle conversations with
them. That is not the same as finding them objectionable or "impudently
different", as I merely find them uninteresting rather than actually
offensive. Indeed, the world would be a rather boring place if everyone
were the same.

I am sure that there are also people whose company you're not
particularly interested in, even if you don't actively dislike them or
find them offensive.

In fact, the words 'pot', 'kettle' and
'black' spring to mind upon reading the latter part of your sentence.

I am hardly detained to purposively stop at the side of the SuperInterWebWay
and shine the light of the new at the wretched creatures I find. Think of
it as my good deed for the day!

I was referring to the "impudently different" part. Perhaps I need to
reduce the blood content of my caffeine stream so I can manage to phrase
myself in a clearer fashion.

Niklas
London, UK
--
"Our code of laws is based on beer commercials."
-- Squiffy, Pandimaniacs