Old July 15th 04, 03:45 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Changing railstation names

Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

Talking of which, I understand hardressers give free haircuts to those
blokes getting married, and that newlyweds are given tours of airplane
cockpits. I wonder if it'd work with LUL?

That could be amusing. I wonder if it'd ever be possible to get it past
the HSE, though. :-)

"I'm getting married. Single from Oxford St to Piccadilly Circus in the
driver's seat please. And no driver. And a ten minute stop in the tunnel.
Ta"

I am sure that there are also people whose company you're not
particularly interested in, even if you don't actively dislike them or
find them offensive.

There's only person I don't talk to, and that's for the very good reason
that he's in inutterable ****. For everyone else, I try to engage them
whoever they are.

Engaging people is easy. Easy because everybody loves to talk about
themselves, and most are delighted to discover someone has taken the time
to find out something of their interests. For instance, visiting friends in
California I took the time to discover the sporting allegiance of those
whom I was visiting, and find out how well their team was doing. They're
delighted to have someone start the conversation off with something nice
and easy (qv 'icebreaker'), besides themselves with glee talking about how
they feel about their teams performance, etc, and left with a fabulous
impression both of me, and those like me. Plus I got three girlfriends out
of it whilst there. Not bad for ten minutes on google and the ability to
keep one's own mouth shut and ears open.

Miserable sods who have nothing to add (Dinsdale and Splatt come to mind)
except how they don't like what's being discussed deserve any hammering
they get. FFS, how egomaniacal to imagine anyone cares what they don't
like!

In fact, the words 'pot', 'kettle' and
'black' spring to mind upon reading the latter part of your sentence.

I am hardly detained to purposively stop at the side of the
SuperInterWebWay and shine the light of the new at the wretched creatures
I find. Think of it as my good deed for the day!

I was referring to the "impudently different" part. Perhaps I need to
reduce the blood content of my caffeine stream so I can manage to phrase
myself in a clearer fashion.

Yes, twenty to five, mate.
--
Al