Old July 15th 04, 04:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
LarryLard LarryLard is offline

Default Maps of London on the internet

"John Rowland" wrote in message ...
Hi all,

Does anyone suspect which of the various street maps of *Greater* London
which can be found on the internet is the newest? (I would include the TfL
journey planner as one candidate, because if one asks for a walking route
between two points close together, one gets a very detailed map.)

streetmap.co.uk and multimap.com both credit 'Collins Bartholomew
2003' as their source for 'A to Z' scale maps. tfl's Journey Planner's
maps say (eventually - site is terrible slow at times) '(c) 2001
NAVTEQ/PTV AG/Map&Guide', but despite this, only the latter shows the
Diana Memorial Fountain in Kensington Gardens.

I tried to think of a relatively recent road layout change, or
similar, with which to test them, but I couldn't.

--
Larry Lard
Replies to group please.