Old July 15th 04, 05:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Tim is offline

Default Platform Tickets

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

I still end up buying paper tickets, especially weekday ODTCs (and
yesterday's platform ticket) but I like not fumbling with change and
like entering King's Cross Underground from the rail station, which only
ticket holders can do.

The Kings Cross thing is the single reason I have Oyster prepay.

Forget the fact that I always need a One day travel card - easier just
to jump into the tube on prepay and get a travelcard at a station with
less than a 25 minute queue.

Now, when they make capping work it will all be nice.
In the meantime, I propose 2 interim solutions:

One option would be for them to allow purchase of 1 day travel cards on
the website.
I can see that they don't want to sell 1 day travelcards individually on
the web - the card processing would eat into it. But they ought to be
able to let you buy a 1 day travelcard online using your prepay balance?

Or a second option would be if you could go to a ticket machine and ask
it to add a 1 day travelcard to your oyster - and if it could knock off
your last couple of same dayjourney's off the price. This would save
the system having to work out when to cap - you tell it. You can
just combine your days tickets and (plus or minus)

Or - they put special oyster pads in stations - you just touch them and
it loads a 1 day travel card onto your card - paid for by prepay.. Not
sure how they handle different zone options though.

Unless true - on the fly - capping is nearly ready. I hope it is soon.

Tim