Old July 15th 04, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Jack Taylor Jack Taylor is offline

Default Famous people on UK railway stations

"Oleg Kirov" wrote in message
om...
Just wondering how many famous people we see on our trains and
stations...

At various stations in the South East, I have seen the following
people:
Barry Cryer, Ray Dorset (from Mungo Jerry), Corbin Bernsen, Amanda
Pays, Hugh Dennis, Zoë Wanamaker, Paul Ross, Michael Sheard (Mr
Bronson in Grange Hill), and a few others I can't recall just now.

Today I saw the actor Richard Dixon on Waterloo concourse at about
16.15 hrs.

Who?

I imagine we all see a few from time to time. So far, I haven't seen
any on trains.

Ken Livingstone (MP) - Baker Street LUL platform
David 'Kid' Jensen (DJ) - Waterloo main line concourse
Geoffrey Palmer (actor) - Great Missenden to Marylebone
John Craven (presenter) - ditto
Kristian Wilkin (actor) - Waterloo main line concourse
Griff Rhys Jones (presenter) - Liverpool Street main line ticket office
John Junkin (actor/scriptwriter) - Wendover to Marylebone
Alistair MacGowan (impressionist) - Reading platform
Michael Foot (MP) - Newport to Paddington
John Otway (musician) - Aylesbury to Marylebone
John Suchet (news reader) - Baker Street LUL concourse
Stephen Tompkinson (actor) - Marylebone main line concourse
Darius Danesh (musician) - Piccadilly Circus LUL platform

Probably quite a few others whom I've subsequently forgotten!