Old July 15th 04, 05:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Corfield Paul Corfield is offline

Default Platform Tickets

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:39:16 GMT, Tim wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

I still end up buying paper tickets, especially weekday ODTCs (and
yesterday's platform ticket) but I like not fumbling with change and
like entering King's Cross Underground from the rail station, which only
ticket holders can do.

The Kings Cross thing is the single reason I have Oyster prepay.

Forget the fact that I always need a One day travel card - easier just
to jump into the tube on prepay and get a travelcard at a station with
less than a 25 minute queue.

I know the LU ticket office queues can be awful but surely the GNER and
Great Northern ticket offices and GN ticket machines would sell you a
One Day travelcard as well?

Just wondering if you've tried that option.
--
Paul C