Old July 15th 04, 07:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Terry Harper Terry Harper is offline

Default Famous people on UK railway stations

"Keith Marshall" wrote in message
k...
I'll add ...

Eddie Butler (Rugby player & commentator) at Reading station.
Bob Willis (former England Cricket Captain) on train from London to
Birmingham.

Once (many years ago) I travelled on the plane from Heathrow to Brussels
with Barbara Castle and then shared baggage (sic) reclaim with her and
Village People. :-(

Jimmy Edwards used to be seen regularly at Haywards Heath, and I've stood by
Robin Day, and had a chat, at the carousel at Heathrow T3, just after Reagan
got the Presidential nomination in Detroit in 1980 (I think).
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm