Old July 16th 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Changing railstation names

Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Niklas Karlsson wrote:

In article , Al wrote:
Talking of which, I understand hardressers give free haircuts to those
blokes getting married, and that newlyweds are given tours of airplane
cockpits. I wonder if it'd work with LUL?

That could be amusing. I wonder if it'd ever be possible to get it past
the HSE, though. :-)

"I'm getting married. Single from Oxford St to Piccadilly Circus in the
driver's seat please. And no driver. And a ten minute stop in the tunnel.
Ta"

Hmm. What if LU try and turn this into free driver training and
recruitment for them? I fear for the lives of the passengers... :-)

If they wanted safety they would have bought a volvo!

For instance, visiting friends in California

I trust they arranged a nice bridge for you to stay under?

Do you know what, they did. London Bridge at Lake Havasu City in Arizona,
the one some daft Yank had shipped over thinking it was Tower Bridge. It
forms the centerpiece of a City of London themepark, complete with
postboxes, telephone boxes, CoL dragon motifs everywhere and plastic
bobby's helmets. The bridge is over an artificial lake so has reflections
dancing on its underside. A far happier bridge than the one on the Thames,
I can tell you.

Also half the union flags were upside down. I complained to my hostess who
got on the blower and they were all the right way up by sun-up.

I was referring to the "impudently different" part. Perhaps I need to
reduce the blood content of my caffeine stream so I can manage to phrase
myself in a clearer fashion.

Yes, twenty to five, mate.

Oh, let's not be over-cautious.

More tea, vicar?
--
Al

[ aim: LGeezerAIM | jabber: | yahoo: LGeezer_YHO ]