Old July 16th 04, 12:22 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london
Al Al is offline

Default Changing railstation names

Ian Jelf wrote:

In message , Al
writes
Do you know what, they did. London Bridge at Lake Havasu City in Arizona,
the one some daft Yank had shipped over thinking it was Tower Bridge.

That, I have to tell you is a Great Urban Myth. The property
developers who bought the bridge knew *exactly* what they were getting.

Uhuh. Unless there's a signed picture of the bridge in the contract, I've
got to say that if *I* got the bridge wrong, I would want to claim I didn't
too!

Individual members of the American public might have mixed up the two
bridges but then so do many Britons.

I do my little bit when I can too. "No, it's St Stephen's Tower"
--
Al

[ aim: LGeezerAIM | jabber: | yahoo: LGeezer_YHO ]