Old July 16th 04, 02:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Andy W Andy W is offline

Default Northern line stock not wearing well

On 5 Jul 2004 13:42:13 -0700, (Boltar) wrote:

I've been travelling on the northern line recently after a gap of a number
of years and I've noticed that the interior of the new trains is looking
decidely tired (and I'm not talking about the obligatory graffiti). Paint is
flaking off the hand rails, the doors look badly scuffed , the seat materials
grubby and of course the whole thing isn't helped by the rancid colour scheme
anyway. Is it just me or are the interiors of the trains ages fast when compared
to other stocks?

B2003

The seats are probably no grubbier than on other trains but the colour
scheme (which includes white!!) shows the dirt more.

The doors and other surfaces have been damaged by the cleaning teams
using electric polishers with abrasive compound to remove graffiti.
Probably best to have scuffing than the graffiti though.

Both of these problems would not have happened if there had been a
better choice of interior materials.

Andy