Old July 16th 04, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Phil Richards Phil Richards is offline

Default Tube ear damage

On 16 Jul 2004 09:01:42 -0700 Rob said...

I feel Sorry for the poor people like me that spend upto 8hrs a day driving them.

At least you're protected by health & safety at work laws. The poor
passenger like myself could take the issue up with the the relevant
authorities, though the issue we're discussing is widespread and there is
no apparent solution to the problem.

Back in 2001 I had cause to complain to LUL about excessive noise on the
Bakerloo line. The following link will reveal the archived thread on
Google:

http://tinyurl.com/578rh

As it happened I complained to the Environmental Health people at Lambeth
Council who in turn took the matter with the Health & Safety Executive.
Complaining to LUL direct on the other hand fell literally on deaf ears
(sorry for the Pun).

--
Phil Richards
London, N4