Old July 17th 04, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 at 14:40:32, JNugent
wrote:

And no, I am not referring temporary limit at a set of roadworks (even
though 40 is still extracting the urine a bit, even at roadworks). I am
speaking of a permanent limit of 40mph on part of the M4.

Do you not agree that such a limit is *way too low* on a motorway?

Not on that particular section of the M4 - it does keep traffic moving,
and has enabled them to extend the 60 mph section much farther back (it
used to be 50 mph right out to Slough, practically).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004