Old July 17th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Just zis Guy, you know? Just zis Guy, you know? is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 13:57:02 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote in message
:

You're presumably referring to the elevated section of the M4 in London,
which has 2 lanes per carriageway, no hard shoulder, and very heavy
traffic flows. This is not a typical motorway, though I felt that the
previous 50mph limit here was adequate. Anyone know what the accident
rate was on this section before the 40 limit was imposed?

Dunno, but I can't recall ever achieveing such dizzying speeds on that
particuilar bit of road :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk