Old July 17th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Guy Gorton Guy Gorton is offline

Default Chiltern platform extensions

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 20:00:26 GMT, "Richard J."
wrote:

Guy Gorton wrote:
[..]
Another poster has referred to the Tesco development which has been
on-going for several months now. For those who have not spotted
this development, and I have seen not a mention of it in MR, a
tunnel is being created in the deep cutting at GX so that a Tesco
(totally unwanted by GX residents) can be built on top.

But despite being "totally unwanted", presumably Tesco, who know about
such things, have established a market need, and the local authority
have granted planning permission?

Sorry - my parenthetical remark was OT, but having made it, I will
defend it.
Local authority refused planning permission, on appeal the inspector
recommended upholding the local authority's decision, Prescott
over-ruled the inspector. As to market need, Tesco are probably right
but by drawing on a much wider area than Gerrards Cross, thus giving
GX all the traffic when it is up and running, 2 years of chaos during
construction, plus the loss of a pleasant open wooded space in the
centre of the community. It will utterly change the environment in GX
and not for the better.

I have a lot of photos of the work and might put them up on a web
site, but I am no expert in that technology,

Not sure if you mean expertise in scanning conventional prints or
expertise in constructing a web site. If you mean the latter, try one
of the free photo sites such as www.fotopic.net . No expertise is
needed.

I can scan slides and negs fairly competently and have some digital
pictures. I will have a look at the fotopic idea.

Guy Gorton