Old July 18th 04, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Velvet Velvet is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

All snipped.

J Nugent, you clearly won't listen to reason, and seem incapable of even
entertaining the thought that rational reasons may lie behind these
limits, which you may not be able to see, but which should be recognised
as POTENTIALLY existing nonetheless.

Quite frankly, I've bored of previous conversations on these same issues
with you many times before, and I'm bored of this one now.

I have much better things to be doing with my time.

No doubt you'll see it as weaselling out of the argument, however, but
since I have neither the time nor the inclination to attempt to convince
you there may be valid reasons, I frankly, do not give a toss any more.

I will continue to drive that route at the prescribed limit, accepting
that while I might not see all the reasons for the limit being set as it
is, there may be reasons that I do not understand.

It is clear you have no such capability for reasoning in this way, and
as such I'm not prepared to attempt to change someone who's views are,
at the end of the day, completely irrelevant to anything in my life
whatsoever, and irrelevant to almost every one elses too.

I have no idea if you have grandiose ideas of self-importance, but it
certainly seems like it some times.

Good day to you.

--

Velvet