Old July 18th 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
umpston umpston is offline

Default Yellow Boxes

"Timm Thaler" wrote in message ...
"Jon" wrote in message
I would guess what is important is the state of your exit road as you
entered the yellow box (as in "do not enter if ..."). I don't see how you
can be prosecuted for a change in the state of your exit road while you

are
waiting for a gap in the oncoming traffic when making a right turn in a
yellow box.

So if the box junction in question is a railway level crossing, I take it
your right turn would be onto the railway line and into the bad books of the
BTP?

The yellow 'keep clear' markings on a railway crossing are not the
same pattern as a box-junction. The right turn rule, obviously, does
not apply.