Old July 19th 04, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Paul Terry Paul Terry is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

In message , Richard J.
writes

Paul Terry wrote:

If you mean the Chiswick flyover, it wasn't even part of the
motorway when it was built in 1959 by Tory transport minister
Ernest Marples' construction company, Marples Ridgway - it was just
a flyover on the A4.

Of course I don't mean the original Chiswick flyover, which doesn't have
any bends! .

Obviously I wasn't sufficiently clear: I refer to the bend immediately
to the west of the flyover.

I mean the first bend on the M4 elevated section, near the
EMC (ex-Data General) clock tower. See
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.sr...&z=1&st=4&ar=Y

Yes, we are talking about the same bend.

--
Paul Terry