Old July 19th 04, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 at 19:46:58, Paul Weaver
wrote:

GErman Autobahns seem to throw that out of the window. Sure you can't design
a road for "no speed whatsoever", but theres no need for a limit on many
roads. At least that's what the most populous country in Euroep seems to
think.

Er, I hate to tell you but the maximum speed limit on a German motorway
is normally 130 kph.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004