Old July 19th 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ambrose Nankivell Ambrose Nankivell is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

In ,
Just zis Guy, you know? typed:
On 19 Jul 2004 12:41:27 -0700, (Paul Weaver) wrote
in message :

Motorway is about 33% higher then the UK, yet lower then France,
Finland, Beligum, Ireland, Japan, etc. - which all have speed limits
not far removed from ours (typically 120kph or 75mph)

Ever driven in Belgium?

Been driven in Belgium twice. Seen very nasty crash scenes in Belgium twice.
Seen very nasty crash scenes in Britain, ... , well, I can think of one or
two. In 27 years.