Old July 19th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Ian Smith Ian Smith is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004, JNugent wrote:

And no, I am not referring temporary limit at a set of roadworks (even
though 40 is still extracting the urine a bit, even at roadworks).

If you haven't done so, can I suggest you spend some time the other
side of teh cones before announcing the appropriateness of speed
limits through roadworks?

I was in a coned-off area on an A-road once when an HGV chose to come
through teh cones. It actually clipped the side of a cone I was
standing with my heels against (and flung the cone a long way down teh
road, while I dived off perpendicularly).

Not pleasant. I was shaking so bad afterwards that I had to sit down
(rather suddenly, and not in the most controlled manner, as it
happens). HGV didn't stop, though if it had wandered much further
across it would have done, on account of being down teh hole I was
inspecting.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig