Old July 19th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Steve Dulieu Steve Dulieu is offline

Default Northern line stock not wearing well

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

Visibility of line diagrams is poor on most tube stock. Mostly,

they're
either partly obscured by hand rails, or right next to the lights so

you
get dazzled, or poorly illuminated. The refurbished 73 stock on the
Piccadilly got it right.

'bout the only thing we did get right on the refurbs...:-(

I'm sure there must be *something* else right about them. Leave me to
have a think about it..........

One I came home on from Arnos tonight had "This train is for closed" on the
saloon scrolling displays. Which, I have to admit, is not one I've seen
before...

Though we could find you in Blackpool at the moment ;-)

--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.