Old July 20th 04, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 at 11:14:43, Dave Larrington wrote:

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

The idea that Belgian drivers are in some way constrained by speed
limits is an amusing one, though :-)

They don't have much truck with the notion of leaving clear space between
themselves and the vehicle in front either. Whenever I have cause to drive
there, I try to do so at night.

Last time we drove through Belgium was in a snowstorm last October. Fun
- not! Oddly, my brother was also driving (in the opposite direction)
through the same storm....

Actually, the thing I hate about the Belgian motorway we use most often
is that it is even duller than the M1, if that is possible!
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004