Old July 20th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Everything we know about traffic-calming is wrong

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 at 11:16:31, Dave Larrington wrote:

They certainly seem to be more rather more conscientious about obeying the
limit on the restricted bits. Notably at roadworks.

Yes, when we drove down to near Salzburg via Cologne the other year, we
commented that it would be nice to drive at 130 kph on the German
motorways. Unfortunately, it was either raining, or there were
road-works, or both, and I don't think we got as high as 130 kph all
day! Then there was a crash just past Munich, which delayed us even
further....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004