Old July 20th 04, 06:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Dave Arquati Dave Arquati is offline

Default Crossrail & ELLX going ahead

marcb wrote:

Perhaps more positively, the East London Line Extensions, which already

have planning permission, now also have a funding agreement - TfL's
£2.9bn borrowing plans for the period up to 2009/10 have been approved.
These plans include construction of the ELLX so we can be reasonably
sure that this project is going ahead.

I see no confirmation yet that there will be enough funds to build ELLX.
After the years of delay I'm fulling expecting this to be shelved.

M.

TfL have borrowing plans set out for those £2.9bn which are allocated to
various projects, £1bn of which is for the ELLX. Ken is determined to
get it built; he has planning permission and now he has been given
permission to borrow the money. The plans are well-advanced and now the
cash will be availabke. What's the problem? Have a little optimism :-)

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7