Old July 20th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Montague Report on Crossrail

Dave Arquati wrote:
I've just skim-read the Montague Report, finally available four
months late at:
http://makeashorterlink.com/?C168319D8

[...]

The other main concerns the report raised were that the complexity
of the branches meant that the proposed 24tph through the core
section was unachievable given that it would require Crossrail
trains to arrive at Network Rail "interfaces" on time (within 5
mins) over 95% of the time. I think this assumed that Crossrail
would not be segregated on any of the branches except Shenfield.

Unfortunately Crossrail have taken down their consultation site with all
the detailed information, but IIRC there will still be fast trains to
Liverpool Street from Shenfield and Romford.

Crossrail is certainly not segregated in West London, sharing tracks
with FGWL DMUs on the GreatWestern main line (hence the proposal to
replace some of these as far as Maidenhead), and with SWT services
between Richmond and Kingston. Also there would be flat junctions with
the NLL at Gunnersbury and Richmond.

--
Richard J.