Old July 21st 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Victoria line extension to Herne Hill

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads/pdf/ELLmapA3.pdf
...then the Victoria line extension from Brixton to Herne Hill is shown!

Are you sure? At the Brixton end, it goes to the NR station, not the tube.
This is a bit odd, since there's already track from there to Herne Hill!

None of the explanations i can think of (they're going to double the line
south with a tunnel, they're going to add a Thameslink shuttle between
Brixton and Herne Hill (if it's good enough for the Metropolitan ...),
they're going to divert some iSLL services to Herne Hill) make much more
sense than it being a Victoria line extension, and none make anywhere near
as much sense as it being a mistake, sadly.

Someone really ought to send a quick email to TfL and ask them about it.

Oh, and ''m a bit shaky on the details of the southern end of the ELLX;
can someone please reassure me that they are in fact planning a station at
Brixton, and have merely omitted it from this map?

tom

--
They Set Up Us The Revolution - Now We Have Set Up It Them Back