Old July 22nd 04, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Jason G Doig Jason G Doig is offline

Default Every time I have to go to Heathrow...

"Ian F." wrote in message
...like tomorrow morning early, I rack my brain to work out the best way

get there by public transport from Balham. What do you reckon is the
best/fastest/least schlepping-your-case-around route? Every time I chose

one
way, I wish I'd gone another!

The route I take is:

Northern line up to Stockwell,
Victoria line to Oxford Circus,
Bakerloo line to Paddington,
and catch the HX from there.

All the changes are a case of walking through a tunnel to the adjacent
platform, with the exception of Paddington. No stairs involved at any point.

Not a stunningly good route in the middle of rush hour, but providing
everything is actually running ok it's fairly stress free with luggage.

Jase.