Old July 22nd 04, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Montague Report on Crossrail

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 at 10:51:20, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Hang on, though; on the tube, it's just the last door in each end car that
doesn't open, so anyone in those cars who wants to get off can do so via
another door. If you've got two whole cars with no open doors, anyone
who's in one of them and wants to get off is probably buggered.

What happens in Kent?

I don't know what happens in Kent, but when I travelled on the
mid-Sussex line they made on-train announcements before all the shorter
stations to tell "customers" that they needed to be in the front end of
the train if they wanted to get off there, so there was plenty of time
for them to change into the relevant carriage before they got there.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004