Old July 22nd 04, 03:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Annabel Smyth Annabel Smyth is offline

Default Montague Report on Crossrail

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 at 07:45:10, LarryLard
wrote:

Now, it's some months since the date on this document, but I don't
know to what extent the above proposals have been implemented. I do
know that there is at least once Southern departure ex Victoria for
which the announcement includes 'Customers for ... must travel in the
front seven coaches, furthest from the ticket barrier etc'; I can't
remember where.

I don't know whether the Victoria-Eastbourne/Bournemouth (and/or
Littlehampton) services are now on Electrostars, nor what their running
pattern now is. However, at one stage they were a 12-coach train, made
up of (mostly) CIG stock, but these days increasingly using CEP stock,
too, and even (alas) VEP. The front 4 coaches went off to Eastbourne or
Hastings and the rear 8 to Littlehampton/Bournemouth, and it was usually
suggested that passengers for Durrington and Goring-by-Sea travel in the
middle four coaches only, as those stations are short-platformed (and,
at Goring, the train stop is half-way along the station, I don't know
why).
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 18 July 2004