Old July 22nd 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Angus Bryant Angus Bryant is offline

Default Montague Report on Crossrail

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

No, Heathrow should stay on there - after all, it's a very popular
destination. However, Crossrail trains serving it should stop at all
stations - then the Heathrow Express can continue to operate and the
residents of West London get a much better service.

I seem to remember from somewhere that Crossrail is being slated to take
over the soon-to-be-starting 4tph (?) FGW Link Heathrow service. This

being
the one that stops at Ealing, Hayes, etc. and uses spare Desiros from
Angel's speculative build. I think there
was an article about it in last month's Modern Railways.

The service is known as Heathrow Connect and will be 2tph; I've got some
info at http://www.alwaystouchout.com/project/67

Sorry, should have looked at your site first! Thanks.

Angus