Old August 3rd 04, 09:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J. Richard J. is offline

Default Chimney on Kensington Gore

Richard J. wrote:
Chris Woodhead wrote:
I appreciate I may not be in the right area of expertise to ask
this question, but can anybody shed any light on the history /
origins
of the free-standing chimney on Kensington Gore. It's intrigued me
for a while now. I've posed this question on several messageboards
/ newsgroups but have as yet failed to receive a response.

I'd be grateful for any information.

If you mean the chimney next to and south-east

CORRECTION: I meant south-west

of the Royal Albert Hall, I think it's from the hall's boiler room.
A Google search produced a reference to a chimney and a photo at
http://www.unseenlondon.dns2go.com/r...rt/roofext.htm , but the
site seems to be down at present.

--
Richard J.