Old August 9th 04, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Chimney on Kensington Gore

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004, John Rowland wrote:

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

I've been trying [1] to find out about the
Albert Hall's heating for years [2].

[1] Though not very hard!

[2] On reflection, this is *very* sad, isn't it?!

No, it's just wanting to understand how things work! Once you notice
that something doesn't seem to have all the necessary parts to enable
its functions, it is going to mildly bug you until you figure it out.

Incidentally, this is known as 'science'.

tom

ps John, that's the third quote from you i've got in my sig file now ...

--
Science of a sufficiently advanced form is indistinguishable from magic