Old August 10th 04, 01:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Parking in Mayfair

"Fossil" wrote in message
"Liddle Feesh" . wrote in message
Hi,

I have an appointment to make in Mayfair at 9:00am. There's no local

train
station to me, so trains are out.

Is there anywhere to park in Mayfair? Or is this area of London the sole
monopoly of rich hotels and £100 per hour valet parking?

Has anyone been to Mayfair before? Parking... what's it like?

Thanks!

LF

Parking meters in Mayfair are £4 an hour and its just in the congestion
zone..

Thanks all to the advice.

I'm coming from Farnborough, and I'll be travelling with a couple of heavy
bags for a presentation. I actually did a reccé trip tonight, the traffic
wasn't bad, but it wasn't rush hour. There was a set of parking meters there
for £4 for one hour, just as you said.

I'm planning on driving in - and getting there very early. Am also
considering possibly taking the train - but don't want to mess about with
the underground, etc - on a hot day and I also have other places I need to
go (outside of London).

I'm suprised there isn't a decent multistorey nearby. Or is there? (NCP
anybody?)

--

Liddle Feesh
*fap fap fap fap*